Tuesday, March 23, 2010

{What's Been Going On}

A brief run-down of what's been going down in the Vogt house. :)

Week One of Spring Break was wonderful! I cleaned the house, relaxed, and spent time with Jake.

Week two started yesterday. Yes I get two weeks. YES it is AMAZING! Yes, I start earlier and end later than most all other districts. It is worth it. Jake left on a plane Sunday morning for a work trip to Tennessee. Booo! Hisss! He will be gone for 12 days.

Our backyard got graded yesterday, woo hoo! It was pretty great because it also got rid of the mountains of weeds that formed after the lake receded.

Hopefully we will no longer have Lake Vogt form when it rains. Speaking of rain: It was 80 degrees yesterday and right now it is raining! At least the yard was graded before the rain or we would have had to wait until it dries. I wouldn't have been a happy Spring Breaker. I guess I still am not very happy because it is back to multiple baths per day for the mud dog. GRRRRRR~ I can't wait until we get landscaping done next month. Oh yeah, we are getting our back landscaped next month. More on that later.

I took the pooch to the dog park yesterday. Fun was had. Hopefully. I'm not sure she likes it anymore than a good walk. All she wants to do is sniff. She's not a very social doggie. See the pictures here.

Our furniture arrived today! Well, some of it. The rest is on backorder or some such nonsense and won't be delivered until the end of April. It's okay. I am glad to have some of it. It is a little bit of a let down because Jake is gone and we don't get to enjoy it together. I'll send him the pictures. The family room furniture is so big! I forgot how nice and big it actually is and it is interesting to see it in our room. The old couch will be moved into the formal living room but for now it stays. Until Jake comes home. I will cuddle with Chloe on the old couch.


The bed was just put up in the loft because our old bed is still in our bedroom because once again my husband is gone.

Can you tell how much I love it when he travels?! He is my best friend and so much a part of me that I feel weird when he is gone. 10 more days to go. :( The animals are very curious about the new stuff. We have decided to not let the animals on the new furniture. It should be interesting because Chloe has always been allowed on the couch and I love to cuddle with her. It honestly makes me a bit sad. :(

I have been scrapbooking our wedding album and having a lot of fun! 3 years later and I still don't have it even near finished. I better get crackin. Here is a recent page I completed. It is my favorite picture so it took me a long time to do this and commit to a design.
I put green and purple brads into the center of each flower and I also glittered the stems.


Sorry for the crummy photos!
I took the picture and added the words Love Honor and Cherish in Photoshop. I don't know how to do anything in Photoshop except enter text, but I would like to learn more!

Okay, sorry for the totally random and jam packed post. I needed to get some of this out. It is hard when you only have your animals to talk to! I realized last night how much random stuff I spew at my husband when he is home. :)

2 comments:

Married with Kitties said...

Good luck keeping the babies off the furniture!

Unknown said...

I know. We are very afraid about the kitty and her claws and don't know what to do. :( Chloe will learn but I bet she'll try to be sneaky when we are away.