Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happenings

Not too much has been happening around here. It's summer time and for the first time in my teaching career I am not teaching summer school. (Only because they weren't offering it this year for budget reasons) I must say that I am really enjoying my summer! It has been a week and a half and I have had plenty of time to rest and relax. I spend way too much time on the computer, but have managed to get some other stuff done too.

{Summer Projects}
  1. Finish cleaning and organizing the craft room. I need to do this tomorrow as I need it for myself and a guest this weekend! Yay!
  2. Design craft room layout. This is my husband's doing actually. He is so awesome and told me to design how I want the room and then he would build as much as he can for me. Shelves, desk, storage. I am excited at all the possibilities! I think I will use it more too once it is done. I'm so lucky to have such a creative handy husband! I forget sometimes that not all husband do what he does. Love you Jake!
  3. Teach myself Photoshop.
  4. Deep clean all the parts of the house that I normally don't get to.
  5. Take cake decorating classes. This actually might not begin until August, but I am really excited about this!
  6. FIND A JOB! Okay, I am still working on this. I'm hoping to get re-hired to with my old district, but chances are if this happens it won't be until closer to the new school year. So, I am looking at other options.
  7. Get on a workout schedule. Now that school is over I don't mind working out and actually have the motivation. Maybe it's the brand new adorable bikini and the thought of a beach trip. :)
  8. Start daily bible study. This needs to be a priority. I also want to start looking for a church again. It is waaaaay past time.
  9. Volunteer at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I have a friend who is a nurse there and she told me once that they always need people to hold the babies. Hold the babies! Sweet, I can do that!
  10. Start planning out the paint colors for downstairs.
This list is more for me I guess but I will update it as I get things done.

I am excited for this weekend and the fun things ahead. Jake is out of town for the next 5 weeks (yes, 5!) and one of my bestest buddies Carmen (shout out to Carmen!) is coming to scrapbook! I am excited and hope to get lots done on the wedding album. I always want to do it and never really do. You think I would do more with all the awesome Cricut cartridges I have. We are also going to go to Josh's (my brother) baseball games Saturday and Sunday. ASU baseball won the PAC 10 and is ranked number one in the nation! Pretty cool! It has been fun watching them play this season and I am pumped to watch them play in Super Regionals next. They won Regionals last weekend and if they win Super Regionals it is on to Omaha and the College World Series! Let's go Devils!

Alright, that's enough of my rambling. I hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

1) Your blog is so cute! Glad I found it!

2) Holy crap, I was just telling Matt a week ago how much I want to volunteer at a hospital holding babies!! Let me know if you find a good place and I'll gladly join you :)