Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yes, I actually did it. Remember in this post when I said I just might leave my tree up for Valentine's Day?! Well, I did. I used a lot of ornaments that I already had and have been accumulating Valentine's themed things as well. I made 2 of my own ornaments. A read heart backround with a smaller chocolate chip heart layered overtop with the word "Love" across in diagonal. Who doesn't love chocolate right?!


I picked these cuties up at Pier 1.




And these I got from WalMart believe it or not. :)



I'm having so much fun with it! I also put a picture of Jake and I that I have had since we were first dating.


Some old cards I saved from dating days also have found their way to my Valentine tree.


Now, I must say I intended to make many more of my own ornaments with my beloved Cricut, but alas as usual haven't found the time. :/ I think it looks pretty cute for the first year. I plan to make this a tradition so I will keep on the look out for more things for my tree. My mom suggested I just leave it up and do an Easter theme after this, but eventually I will have to take it down or the allure of the original Christmas tree will be lessened I think. So, can anyone beat me? Anyone still have their tree up?

Here is my Valentine's Tree in all its glory.

No comments: