Monday, January 25, 2010

I Love My Crockpot

Here is one of my all time (and by all time I mean the almost 3 years I have been married and making my own meals) favorite crockpot recipes. Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken (yum, Cream Cheese makes anything better!)

Ali, for some reason this makes me think of you. Not sure why. Maybe I just miss you. Or associate you with the crockpot. Either one. :)

Ingredients


3 lbs boneless skinless chicken pieces (I got chicken breast and cut them into smaller pieces.. they cook faster that way)

1 and 2/3 package Italian salad dressing mix (my foodie husband probably wouldn't like it if he new I was using a mix but oh well!)

4 tablespoons melted butter divided

1 small onion, chopped

1 garlic clove, chopped

1(10.5 ounce) can cream on chicken soup

8 ounces cream cheese 1/2 cup chicken broth
  1. Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle with Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.

(Yes, I know you aren't supposed to open the lid but how else was I going to get a picture?!)

2. Cook on low for 4-6 hours ( I didn't start mine until I got home from work so I am going to cook it on high for 3 hours so we can eat before Monday becomes Tuesday. Seems to work fine with the temperature change)

3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan and saute with onion and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth




4. Add this mixture to crock pot and cook on low for an additional hour ( I keep it on high for about 25 minutes)


5. Enjoy! I am going to serve it with grilled asparagus and rice. I have also served it over a bed of baby spinach.

1 comment:

Ali said...

This looks delicious!

I think I may have to make it on Wednesday... thanks for this!