Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dancing and Crafting

Tomorrow I am going to a dance performance for one of my favorite little girls. One of my students, Miss Abbie, is performing a solo tomorrow and I was invited to come. I am so stoked to watch her dance as I have heard so much about it! Can you imagine performing a solo on stage at the age of 6?! I know I will be so proud.
I hope that she will remember that her first grade teacher came to watch her. I hope I can do more of this and show my students that they are important to me and I care about what is important to them.
So, I made her a card with my awesome Cricut and I think it is turning out pretty cute. It isn't finished because my craft room has no light and it is getting dark really fast nowadays, but I am happy with it. Hope she likes it!

On to a related but different note... I think I want to take a dance class. I always wanted to dance but was always so into sports that I never did. I remember sitting in the high school auditorium watching the dance performances and wishing that I was up there performing. It looks so fun!
There is a place by the grocery store we go to that advertises adult dance classes (wow that does not sound right. How about classes for adults?!) and I think I may go check them out. I don't know what kind of dance I want to do, but it's never too late to do something you've always wanted to do right? I'll keep you posted if I really go for it. :)

UPDATE
Here is the finished product. I like the way it turned out. For a while I thought it was too plain but sometimes less is more.

And, a close up of the star A
Abbie did great! Way to go girlie!

No comments: